Earlier today Minister for the Armed Forces Penny Mordaunt spoke at a Westminster Hall debate on the Iraq Historic Allegations Team (IHAT). Here is the check-against-delivery version of her speech.
Minister of State for the Armed Forces, 2015 to 2016
As we move into 2016, the Minister for the Armed Forces, Penny Mordaunt, thanks the men and women of the Armed Forces who have assisted with the emergency response to flooding over December.
Armed Forces Minister Penny Mordaunt gives her personal views on equality, during National Inclusion Week, and explains why it’s important we recruit the best possible people into the Armed Forces.
The UK Government will be forever grateful for the vital support that our locally employed Afghan civilians provided to the UK and NATO allied troops. Some of them made the ultimate sacrifice, while on operations alongside our forces.
Related content and links
Defence in the media
The Defence in the Media blog is now closed. All future media updates and responses may be found on the official MOD Twitter account.
- Closure of the Defence in the Media Blog 1 April 2020
- Defence in the Media: 5 November 2019 5 November 2019
- Defence in the media: Sunday 3 November 2019 3 November 2019
- Army Combat Power Day 30 October 2019
- Defence in the media: Daesh leader killed by US military 28 October 2019